Monday, November 12, 2007

Tuck Word Limit

This is the first school for which I am exceeding the word limit! Yes, I understand that Tuck does not have any word limit per se, but still they say that on an average the applicants have used 500 words in the past (diplomancy, typical of B-Schools!).

All my Tuck essays are more than 500 words but less than 600. Feels odd coz none of my essays for other schools (including Darden!!) exceeded by even a word. But none the less I think I can take that much leeway as long as my stories do not seem to drag.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope uv heard this b4
one hand in cold water...
one in hot water...
i'm just fine 'on average'

thats what averages mean - so just get on with ur essays, try n make them as tight as u can with ur prev essay experience, but remember no word limit means...
NO WORD LIMIT
thats wot i'm doing- so my 2c!

Anonymous said...

am thru with tuck - just going thru them one last time b4 submitting prob tonite
how abt u? did u resolve ur wordlimit dilemma?

GPS said...

Well. I had been to the college and had a Q&A with the admissions staff where someone had the same question. and the answer is they leave it to your judgement. At the end of the day they dont want to have a novel in their hand as answers thats what was said. they were ok till 800-900. so if you are at 600 you should be good. but try and condense if you could without sacrificing the content.
Best of luck.