Sunday, November 18, 2007

R2 Schools

After the R1 Chicago and Wharton Ding I thought for once to go for some safety schools. But then, what the hell! I don't want to. I definitely don't want to go to a school where I won't be happy or will always regret the fact that I joined. I know its a risk, but one which I want to take.

My original list of R2 schools had Stanford and Columbia. I am really not sure about Stanford though now, but am still contemplating. After some research I have also decided to add Yale to my list. Though it has a small class size and not in the same league as H/W/S....., its a great school. Moreover, it offers loan upto the full cost of attendance to internationals. A lil more research and I will finalise the school.

If someone in our blogger community has any inputs on Yale do let me know.

8 comments:

e.catharsis said...

Yale's SOM is definitely a top-tier MBA for a public-sector job, so if that's what you want to go into, don't think twice.

MBAandBeyond said...

Bokaa,
Thanks for the comments.

I was researching on Yale too. It is a great school, but I am not sure how good is the consulting or gen mgmt focus. That is my main concern. I have still not researched on the career services part.

Share ur research once you done..

Achilles said...

hey bokaa,

send me a mail on achillesquest (at) gmail and i will let you my messenger id.

Thanks

Achilles said...

Hey bokaa,

mail me at achillesquest (at) gmail
and i will let and i will let you know my messenger details.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Bokaa,

Yale is a good school but admits only about 190 students per year.
Due to a major change in their curriculum, they had a higher than expected yield %. So they had to eventually defer about 35 applicants from last year. Thus you can expect lesser number of admits this year as well.

Please keep that in mind. I applied to Yale, tuck, Chicago in round one and got a call from Chicago.

Do mail me at Arjun.bhojaraj at G m a i l dot c o m.

Cheers,
Arjun.

Anonymous said...

Bokaa,

Yale is a fantastic school and contrary to its "non-profit" image, the majority of graduating students are recruited in the private sector. I really enjoyed my school visit. I personally prefer the small class size and my wife would like being closer to NYC. I'd say go for it.

Good luck

Unknown said...

Bokaa,

You've done an awesome job of posting your experiences.Hope your application process goes great and you convert to make it to you best school.
Yale definitely is a great college not only for its reputation, but for the strong network in different sectors.

Shinny said...

Dear Bokaa,

Yale is a good school, but it does not have loan program without a US cosigner. But, maybe you have a cosigner.