Sunday, August 19, 2007

Recommenders Packet Sent

Finally I sent out a recommenders packet to my both my recommenders! It was not as easy as I thought. It took me the entire day, yesterday, to get it done and send it out.

The biggest challenge was to squeeze in as much relevant information as possible without making it too lengthy and boring . It is important that they go through it and understand the entire recommendation process and know what is expected from them. This will help them in turning in a stellar recco- at least that's what I hope!

I will list the topics which I covered in the document in case it is helpful to others:
  • Schools which I plan to apply to and their Application/ Recommendation deadlines
  • Parameters on which the B- Schools evaluate candidates
  • Career Goals
  • Important things to keep in mind
  • List of anecdotes which I thought they should quote

Though it is just a few topics, the choice of words was important and thus it took a lot of time.

On the essays front I am STRUGGLING. I am really slow and am not even midway with the HBS first draft :( I have a complete life sketch with me but keep getting confused on what aspects should I highlight on - I need to speed up!

6 comments:

Vivid said...

I am planning to apply to 5 schools. Almost decided on W/Chi. Yet to decide on the other 3.
Haven't managed to read most of ur posts yet. Which schools are u app'ing to?

I am yet to take my GMAT..So long way to go :(

What is ur mail id?

Anonymous said...

Hey Bokaa, ur really on top of stuff! Anything beyond the recommenders' packet list that you can share with us, to help save our time :-)

Janet Nakano said...

hey bokaa,
sounds like you'll get great recs with the info you gave them. for your essays, picking and choosing the events/your qualities is definitely the tough part. remember that the adcom will be looking at the whole application. so highlight the things that you know won't be covered by your recommenders, your resume, etc. best of luck!

janet

Mike said...

Hey Bokaa,

Great post. I'm about to send out my own recommender packets and this was great help as I thought about what I should send.

mbarunnergirl said...

Great list. You have me motivated to finish up my packet to give to my recommenders ASAP.

Achilles said...

thanks dude for the wishes!!

And you are doing really gr8 on the apps front man, keep it up!!
will need some guidance from you once i start on my apps