Saturday, September 8, 2007

Career progress essay shared with my supervisor

Just sent an email to my boss- attached was my career progress essay. I was not sure earlier if I wanted to do that or not, but now I am happy I did it!

In addition to the recommenders packet I think this will help him write a rec which is in sync with what I have talked about in my essays. The last thing you want is that you say XYZ in your career progress essay and your boss ABC - you will be doomed!!

Since the supervisor rec is the most awkward amongst all- coz though he is giving you a rec he knows there is possibility that you may part with the organization soon- I am sending as much info as possible over email. Though I share excellent rapport with my boss, I find it tough expressing freely (face to face) what I want him to write in my rec. I thus send really detailed emails to him explaining all the nuances. Personally, I feel this is the best way to approach because you can think deep and pass the most relevant information.

Now I pray that while writing his rec he keeps all the info I gave sent in mind and gives me a stellar rec!

1 comment:

RunningTurtle said...

Good to know that you are applying to Darden in R1. I assume that you didnt start writing darden essays. Looks like you got better things to worry about. HBS,wharton and chicago essays..