Thursday, September 27, 2007

Doubts

I am sure all of us are going through a phase of mood swings. I am so much into the whole process that the thought of not getting through sends a chill down my spine.

All the people who have reviewed my essays are impressed by my writing style. Some of my friends feel that my essays reflect maturity beyond my years while others find them very well round.

However, I know they are far from perfect and am still working on giving them the best shape I can. Personally, I feel that my essays have come out well. But the element of doubt associated with big schools and the cliches( like IT professionals with below average work ex standing less chance) scare me.

If I just go by what the schools mention on their websites- I feel I really stand a very good chance. But if some of the cliches are true, I am really not sure.

A current student at HBS went through my essays at the surface level and amongst other things he said: "The best way to know, what chance you stand is to try it".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Boka,
i see some contradiction here....on one hand u say that all ur reviewers are impressed and have given a positive feedback. On the other hand, u assess that ur essays are far from perfect. So where is the disconnect?? Is it that u have not chosen the right person to review....or is it that u dont see ur essays good bcos of the 'cliches' u have mentioned.

Just a thought! :)

all the best for HBS/Wharton/Chicago and others.

Anonymous said...

"The best way to know, what chance you stand is to try it".
Wow!! That was a gud one!! Simple, but true.. :-)

Have been out of blogosphere for some time now, but will be back very shortly.. In the mean time gud luck for ur apping.. :-)