Saturday, September 1, 2007

HBS- 5 down!

Finally! I have just completed the first draft of my HBS essays. I feel some of them have come out very clearly while some have not. For three of them I have exceeded the world limit by around 50 words and for the other two by 200.

Overall I feel that the essays give a holistic picture of me. I am happy that I have another month to polish my essays and redraft them as I start getting feedback. After spending a couple of months on my life sketch and the first draft for HBS, I am sure it is high time to show it to others. An outsiders perspective will offer a lot of insight.

I will be sending out the essays for review in phases.
  • My GF is having a look at my essays and giving regular feedback as I write them- so she qualifies as my first reviewer!
  • Other than her- The first round of reviews will be done by a friend and my father. I want both of them to first let me know if the flow is smooth, the story interesting and the ideas coherent. I would also request them to give suggestions on reducing the word limit as both of them happen to be prolific writers.
  • The second round will be done by a friend who knows me very well and has achieved great things in his own life. He will offer a fresh perspective to my essays and give candid feedback for sure.
  • The last round will be done by two HBS graduates whom I know and have been in touch with. They will help me add finishing touches in addition to giving me a fair idea of where I stand.

I need to forget the HBS essays for now and get cranking on the W essays. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Mike said...

Hey Bokaa, congrats on getting the first drafts of your HBS essays done! For me the review/editing stage has been much easier than that initial drafting stage.

hslam said...

Hi, nice one. Congratulations! You know what, I also finished my 1st draft of the 5 HBS essays yesterday!!! Now looking at them again and planning to send to my first reviewer tomorrow!

I'll start the W ones soon too...

I'll also write something about my essays later :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! DUDE.. you will do well.. don't worry and be confident..give your best shot!!

Thank yoou ;)