Wednesday, October 3, 2007

HBS Submitted.......

.......And what a submission it was, considering the fact that I had to change my career vision essay, a day before the exam..get it reviewed and submit. Did I panic?.....you don't know my state of mind!!!

4 days before the deadline I got a review comment from an HBS alum- "You are not answering the question". Well now that I look back he was right. I has got the same feedback from a friend of mine a week or so back....but since everyone else had liked the essay and the writing style so much...I did not think too much over it.....

But the words of an alum count....don't they? :) I had to change my entire Career Vision! There was something so obvious in my background which would have gelled well with my vision but I was just not talking about that in the essay! The alum pointed that out to me and told me to change my vision as the dots would connect better......2 days for the submission to go...is he nuts.....I was disappointed and scared..I have put in a lot of effort into my HBS app and I did not want it to go waste...I took the call......

I tried that day, but was so attached to the words in my previous version that I just could not change anything much, even after wasting 6 hours on it. That's when nervous breakdown happened!! But I know I had to change it. I called him again for advice and he told me to start on a fresh piece of paper.

A day before the submission, I was up all night rewriting the whole essay....at 4:00 in the morning I called him...we were on the phone for an hour...thankfully he liked the essay this time around and suggested some minor changes here and there.....

But troubles never end, once they begin. Two of my recommenders had not turned in their rec, one was travelling and did not have access to the internet....the other my boss had been just too busy! Finally, my application was in 5 hours before the deadline!

I donno why, but I am seeing this as a sign from god. A day before submission my career vision was changed........there has to be a reason...god wants me to get through??

4 comments:

Deepthroat said...

Awesome dude...way to go....all the best for all the future endeavours..... Hope you are enjoying the journey....

Mike said...

Bokaa,

Congrats on getting the HBS app in and best of luck!

Nitin said...

Glad it worked out. Best of luck

Andy Orange said...

Any interview invitation yet?