Saturday, July 7, 2007

Target Schools

As with all decisions in my life I have been really confused in deciding what schools to target in the first round! As of now I think I would be applying to 7-8 schools split between R1 and R2.

My confusion was that whether I should be applying to all schools I REALLY wanna attend in R1 itself or split it over 2 rounds! I have finally taken the decision....I guess?! I will be going for all my dream schools in R1.
  • HBS
  • Stanford
  • Wharton
  • Chicago

Unike many other applicants, my school choice is solely based on gut feeling! Yes, I have done my share of research, going through websites, forums..etc etc etc. But in the end what I noticed was that if you are aiming for any of the following as a career, you will definitely find all "TOP/GOOD(read top 15!)" schools interesting:

  • Consulting
  • Finance
  • General Management/Strategy

The only school which I didn't find somehow, as they say, a "FIT" was Kellog. I could infer from their website that they are too formal for me! And I did not find them encouraging candidates with lesser work experience.

Other than the schools I have talked about above, there are some others which are in my mind. I would finalise on some of them as I progress in my journey. These are:

  • Darden
  • Tuck
  • Duke
  • MIT-Sloan
  • INSEAD

As I progress in my journey, some of these choices may change and I will definitely keep everyone posted.

No comments: